Pages

Friday 18 March 2011

Week 3

Firstly I have points I want to clarify before I give you this week’s account on the new programme.

1.    Does Size Matter?
I was discussing female clothing sizes and figures with a talented contour fashion design student today. Following our discussion, I wanted to stress that plus sizes are not a reason to lose weight! The larger fuller figure is very attractive and sexy! Nigella Lawson was voted the UK figure that most women would desire (and most men to be honest). To me losing weight is more about healthy living and not purely body image.

The fashion market have pushed for "skinny" (not the same as slim), which is as detrimental to your health and well being as being morbidly obese. The health and fitness industry is not promoting size zero to 10 only. The size issue is a problem in the eyes of the fashion industry and the narrow minded designers that don't care about making the "normal" women feel bad about themselves and their shape. Equally this will push some women away from fashion and possibly towards comfort eating (due to not conforming to what media portray to be a healthy attractive figure).

My motives are to get healthier and fitter with an increase in energy levels. I know that my fat levels are too high and hence, they are going to come off in the process but if you look at my latest results, you will see that weight loss is steady due to a loss in fat but also a lean gain (muscle).
Healthy big is attractive, unhealthy big is a 1st class ticket to your grave. But each to their own!

2.    Are you using a Gym?
I was asked if I am exercising and the answer is no!
At this point, I don’t want to overload my body (especially the heart). Once I have lost a full stone I will gradually increase my physical output but at a sensible and reasonable pace. I will note any exercise on this blog.

Now for week 3...

Well I will be honest I have been out for 3 meals this week with friends and I have chose sensibly but not allowed myself not to eat some of my favourites. In the past when I lost weight, I observed that sometimes the impact of eating less healthily would not reveal it’s self until the following week but we will soon see :).

Negatives:
The only negative that I have experienced, is sweating profusely with little exertion. Now I should state that this is a positive negative (I know, contradiction) but that implies my body is focusing on burning fat. I went for a walk through my town, on a very cold day, in only my T-shirt (as I felt warm). When I looked at my refection in a window, there was steam literally coming off my body... I know, hot stuff!! ;o) lol

Positives:
Energy levels still increasing and I have lost more fat (significantly) this week (see the results). I was told by three people (including my dad) that I had a better complexion and looked healthier.

Results:
I have taken my measurements and they are now available for you to view by either clicking on the link “Adrian’s Latest Results,” which can be found on the right pane under Related Websites or go to http://www.focuscoaching.org.uk/Results.pdf.

Weight loss = 4lbs
New Weight = 272.0lbs
Body Fat = 36.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment